Position Title: Counsellor and Facilitator
Reports to: Director of Programs & Clinical Practice
Hours: 30-37.5 per week
Terms: One Year Term
Start Date: February 2018
Closing date: January 26, 2018 4:30pm
– Conduct intake interviews and assessments/screening of potential program participants.
– Assess client progress and maintain confidential records in client database systems.
– Provide 1:1 counselling for women who have experienced trauma living with mental and physical health issues such as: impacts of colonization including residential school experiences, complex PTSD, depression, anxiety, addiction issues, grief and loss, anger, chronic illness.
– Plan and deliver curriculum focused on trauma recovery and employment readiness with an emphasis on cultural safety, resource building and strengthening resilience.
– Facilitate psycho-educational employment readiness and trauma healing groups
– Organize and maintain client intake systems and protocols including client follow-up.
– Participate in case conferencing and clinical debriefing with a multi-disciplinary staff team.
– Engage in crisis intervention, assessing suicide risk, creating safety plans, partnering with other community resources as needed.
– Refer clients to appropriate community resources and advocate when appropriate.
– Supervise undergraduate or graduate students in practicum placements.
– Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology or Social Work plus registration with a professional counselling or social work association or an equivalent combination of education and experience (a minimum 3 years of professional counselling experience with women who have experienced violence, abuse and trauma).
– Education and skill with trauma-informed approaches such as: somatic experiencing mindfulness, cognitive behavioral therapy, narrative therapy, integrative mind/body/spirit approaches, traditional Indigenous healing practices, and career and life planning.
– Experience working in Indigenous communities with issues of trauma, abuse and residential school survivors is an asset.
– Experience with intake assessment and crisis intervention.
– Experience counselling 1:1 and leading psycho-educational groups.
– Working knowledge of community resources and social/legal systems.
– Experience with maintaining confidential client databases and client file notes.
Please submit your application by January 26, 2018 at 4:30 pm to: Gwen Davies, Director of Programs & Clinical Practice at email@example.com