Bridges career mentoring program matches Bridges’ students, graduates, or other eligible women from the community with working women who act as volunteer Career Mentors.
Our goal is to support healthy Mentoring relationships and facilitate connections between our Mentees and employed women in the community. Classes are ongoing.
Mentoring is flexible, well-suited to busy women with a lot on the go, and provides valuable learning opportunities for everyone involved!
Match-members can expect our team to provide regular check-ins, clear communication around program standards and thoughtful, appropriate training and support.
Mentors and Mentees will receive 10 hours of training over the course of their match, as well as monthly Advanced Training opportunities. Training generally takes place in the evenings and on weekends, in order to accommodate our participants’ schedules.
Career mentees are asked to commit to a 9-month match, and should plan to connect with their mentor for 5 – 6 hours each month.
Career mentors are expected to support Mentees while they work towards their career or educational goals, introduce them to professional networks, share feedback and provide encouragement as they practice their employability skills.
Mentors are asked to commit to a 9-month match. Does this describe you:
- You love your job!
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience with others
- You want to learn new skills and develop existing talents
- You’re able to commit to a match for 9 months and complete all required training
- You have 5 – 6 hours a month to spend with your Mentee
- You’re interested in creating positive social change
- You like to have fun and enjoy a good laugh
- You want to volunteer and make a real difference in one woman’s life
For more information on our Career Mentoring Program or eligibility criteria, or to apply please call (250) 385-7410 or email